I never get tired of the blue sky.
~Vincent van Gogh
Bridger Pass Road to Rawlins
Super exciting day…
1. A few minutes after an early start this morning, we heard Love Note shouting at us. Turns out she hiked until 11:30 the night before, camped just a few yards from us AND hiked a total of 45 miles in one day. Yes you read that right 45 miles!!! We were so thankful she was okay and glad to see her.
2. After hiking into Rawlins on 13 miles of paved road, we enjoyed a great lunch, coffee, muffins, and smoothies at Huckleberries Bistro. After talking to wildlife photographer, Gary Sundberg, at the Bistro he offered rides to where we needed to go in town. Rawlins is spread out, so this was a huge help. Thank you Gary. BTW, he takes amazing photos that are on display in Huckleberries. We were able to pick up our packages and get to where we are staying at the Days Inn.
3. Silly Chili is officially done with his online courses. WhooooHooooo!
4. I have new shoes.
5. Pizza was delivered to our room.
6. I am clean, well-fed, and ready for the next leg of this adventure, The Great Basin. It is known for hot temps, no shade, and poor quality and scarce water sources.
7. I am thankful for each member of our team for this next challenging section of trail: Stryder, Love Note, Drop n’ Roll, Silly Chili, and myself.