Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurdles and foams all the way to the sea.”
First of all I want to wish all the father’s out there HAPPY EARLY FATHER’S DAY. Hope your day is just the best!
Salida is quite an amazing little town. This weekend the FIBARK was ruling the town. Google it. People come from all over the world come here to take part in the festivities in the town and on the river. I spent the evening downtown with Silly Chili, Strider, Love Note, Bloodbath, Rampage, Sweetfish, Drop n’ Roll, and Ninja. I loved every minute. I also talked to Cherry Picker, No Amp, Swiss Cheese, and Bone Lady. This town is so great the deer even roam the city streets calmly and confidently. Who does that?
One thing I am REALLY bummed about is somehow when I was getting ready to do laundry last night one of my Tarma Designs PCT earrings was lost. I love them and wore them all last summer. 🙁
Thanks to the computer in the lobby at the Day’s Inn, which I recommend highly, I have finally replied to all of your thoughtful comments. Be sure to visit the past blog posts to read the replies.
Also, here is a reminder on how to follow our journey:
- Lady on a Rock Facebook page
- Do not miss a single post by signing up to receive new updates by email. Just add your email address under “Get Post Updates” in the right hand sidebar.
- Follow my Pinterest board “Continental Divide Trail Journal“
- Track us on a Google map using FollowMee from the Track Me tab at the top.
- View our CDT Resupply schedule to send care packages from the top menu. Turns out Silly Chili loves good healthy snacks and encouraging notes. BTW: he has been waiting BUT has not received any goodies as of yet.
I am clean, well fed, sort of rested, and ready for what the next leg of this journey will bring. Thank you everyone for reading, commenting, and following along! Happy day to everyone.