I never knew how beautiful the rain could be.
I never paused to notice.
~Rollin from “Southbounders”
Okay… I have been told many times that “the best camera is the one that you have with you”, but never really experienced it first hand until yesterday. I was driving home in wind, pouring rain, and the road was flooded in many areas. Not fun. Suddenly the sky opened up and displayed a full spectrum of one of the most incredible rainbows I have ever experienced. After beating myself up for a few minutes for not having a camera to document this site, I quickly remembered my iPhone. I pulled over and walked through the mud to the cool Joshua Tree above and took the photos with my new iPhone camera app I am loving, Camera+. The photo below features my favorite camera apps I keep in a folder named “Photography”.
Features that make Camera+ photo app stand out from all the rest (at least my take):
- Costs only 99 cents
- Image stabilizer that works
- Digital zoom that works
- Self-timer that is amazing, especially if you are using an iPhone 4
- Digital flash to use when the picture is too dark or taken inside
- Burst mode to shoot rapid streams of shots
- Very powerful image editing
- Most of all, you can set exposure separately from focus for the ultimate control of your shots… simply touch with a 2nd finger while focusing to adjust exposure until your shot is perfect (see below).