RETAIL PRICE $199.00 (way steep! I just got a steal online at REI OUTLET)
USE rain, snow, wind, and cold (with insulation under the Diad)
WEIGHT size small, 8 oz. (I can shave off another ounce by cutting out the bottom cord that I will never use)
MATERIAL 100% nylon ripstop HyVent® with mechanical stretch
FIT I ordered a size small and it fit true to size, but for tall ladies it will run short in length
- Very lightweight and compacts really small
- Breathed well while heaving and hoeing up mountain
- Very flattering with a fun, great color
- Stretchy fabric was comfy while moving
- Storm worthy
- Hood performed and fit great
- Got wet during rain on top of shoulders under shoulder straps (very typical of every rain jacket I have owned)
- Length of jacket might run short
I have always loved having a rain jacket in my pack! It gives a feeling of being prepared for anything at anytime. Many an ultra lighter will forgo this luxury with alternatives like frogtogs, ponchos etc. primarily because the rain jacket serves only one function…protection from the rain. But I have always used a rain jacket for other purposes like extra warmth over fleece or down and as a wind jacket.
In the last few weeks I have hiked in the pouring rain, driving snow and strong winds and this jacket performs. This jacket now makes its place on my PCT gear list.
The Diad’s latest trip was up Black Mountain. I am wondering where it is going next…